Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Stoked!


Dear Readers, I am leaving for a week of sun and fun in Sayulita, Mexico. I am looking forward to:

1. fish tacos
2. icy cold cervezas
3. quiet but for the breeze through the palm fronds
4. beach that isn't 40 degrees in the daytime
5. friends and good timez
6. local food
7. dialing down the tech-no-lo-gy
8. biggest worry: what tank top will i wear today?
9. swim. eat. swim. eat. drink. drink. swim. lay. read. swim. eat. drink. swim. sleep. repeat.
10. SURF LESSONS!!!!

Those who know me know that I've always wanted to learn to surf. But if you live in Northern California, you gotta put on a damn wetsuit, and there are sharks, and it's cold (beaches are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE COLD). Too much, too much. No fun. So going to warm waters is going to RAWK.

Product Alert:
My good friend L. who is going on the trip just bought me the MOST wonderful, profoundly enjoyable, quietly brilliant, beautifully executed book called "Wave". It brought quite a tear to my eye, and would especially delight new and and not so new moms and their daughters. (Especially the ones who love the beach). It's by artist Suzy Lee. Sniffle.

No comments: